Sunday, April 09, 2006

Family evening out

The beloved spouse and I went up to the little tavern and restaurant where our beloved offspring has begun the second of the two jobs he's taken on recently. It's well-known for featuring a variety of musicians, from jazz to folk, as well as for its pizza and area brews on tap. Dear son is doing kitchen prep and assembly, and is still in training. We met a few of his co-workers, who seem very affable. So he's now financing his pied a terre up in Index, which he shares with a fellow climber, and seems pretty happy about his situation.
Beloved spouse is en route to Milwaukee for business, which will include a trip down to the company's Georgia branch, where's there's been some nasty weather. Here's hoping the tornadoes die down for a while.
My longtime climbing partner and I headed over to the climbing gym for a session, since the weather's not good and her time was limited. We're starting to talk about getting up to Squamish again, and want to get outside to work on our trad climbing. We had a good time, and
no shins were harmed in the process.

6 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

The Sinns are Fein, then?

11:05 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Heh heh. The sinns of the fathers.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Isa, have you read "Kitchen Confidential?" It may change your mind about working in kitchens. As a former dishwashwer, busboy, and waiter, I must say it wasn't all rosy, but one hell of a good time - if you like drunken debauchery. Now, of course, your son's choice of establishment may have differed from my slections, which case, all is well. Remain calm

12:50 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

No, 'spike, I haven't read anything but excerpts from Tony's book, but I like his voice, and we've seen several of his "No Reservations" travel/food shows. Quite the old wise ass, is Mr. Bourdain!
As for the place where our son's started working, it's probably too early to tell, but the people I met with whom he works seemed quite sane. Our son himself has observed that he doesn't want to overdo the drinking of beer. Now, one of his friends who's a bartender at a restaurant downtown is frighteningly prone to debauchery. I'm sort of hoping they don't get together too much any more.
Did I tell you I really liked seeing your J-Tree pics?

3:43 PM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

I.: I wanted to assure you that Kermit will not be harmed. He is not set for sacrifice. We here at Celebrity Ritual Sacrifice don't do puppets. Not enough blood.

5:44 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Ha ha! Yeah, neil, puppets only produce lint, at best!
I've heard about some evil puppet show on MTV2. Have you ever seen it?

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home