Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Gotta bust out

The weather's a tease today, climbing up into the low 80's. After a walk with my mother, getting her back inside before she passed out - she had a dizzy spell, got too hot in her fleece hoody which I tried to get her to take off, but noooo... got more electrolytic fluid in her, got her some lunch and a dark chocolate truffle, which I believe was the ultimate antedote - I hied me off for a walk down to the UW Rock, an outdoor bouldering site. Not too many people there in mid-afternoon, and the surfaces in the sun had kind of slippery footholds, but it felt good to traverse around and up and down outside. Refresh my memory.
We went to our nearest Drinking Liberally site this evening and talked with some people about politics, social issues, this and that. There was a columnist from one of the local papers who, when I spoke to him positively about his pieces, responded to me in a most curmudgeonly fashion. Wouldn't have killed the guy to be gracious for three seconds. Fucker's on my list...
Also a local political blogger who has been getting some coverage lately, and who had a fun idea about having a "political slam," similar to a poetry slam, mano a mano with someone idealogically opposite. Hey, why not. The people in power now have no sense of "civil discourse," they cheat and lie constantly so why not confront them in a direct and dynamic fashion?

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I always melt when the temps go up. That's why I love the climate here...it only rarely gets up into the 80s.

By the way, I like the slam idea - could be fun

4:21 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

You'd think we'd be cooler than San Fran, but not always.
Yeah, kind of a modern version of public debates from days of yore. Interestingly, though, this blogger, goldy - whose blog is called horse's ass - syas one guy from around here, a neocon shithead named stefan sharkansky, whose blog is called sound politics, a fricking misnomer if there ever was one, has refused to meet face to face.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Afraid to meet face to face - it figures.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

I doubt if you'd get too many takers for a 'politcal slamfest'. Well, not from the right, anyway. They don't hang out with riff-raff like us.

2:43 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Ha! "riff raff," eh, neil? Well, the blogger feller did say one of his choices for a rignwing opponent wasn't willing, so that's spot on.
However. I ahve noticed that the wittiest, smartest ones are "lefties."

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home