Wednesday, October 04, 2006

back on track

My mom's miracle-working hair stylist is back in action, in a swell little place with a fish tank by the waiting area. She seemed so much happier, giving us hugs and smiles, which was unheard of in the old location. She's so quiet, but we could tell she was stressed and unhappy over the past few weeks. We hope she's going to be able to keep her business going, since visiting her has been the high point of many a week.
Maple butter reserves are getting low; contemplating tank storage in the wine cellar.

2 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

Glad to hear that your mom can still have her haircut by someone she knows and trusts. Do you make maple butter? I have a ton of pears and was thinking about making pear butter. What do you think? Sound edible?

3:38 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Maple butter is maple syrup that's been reduced then whipped, at least I think that's the process, robin. I've been buying these smallish jars of it at the Puget Sound Consumer Co Op - PCC - and saw it, for more, at Whole Foods, and for less, at the fabulous Ashland Food Co Op in Ashland, Oregon. Even then, it's kind of a splurge.
Hmmm. Ya got me wondering - maybe if I got a large amount of low grade maple syrup, I could make my own maple butter!
I've never had pear butter, but it sounds exquisite. Apple butter is so good, and I've tasted peach butter and some other kind - plum, I think.
Let me know if you try it!

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home