Sunday, October 08, 2006

How gray the day

Until very late in the afternoon, with a fine sunset, at least what we can see of it. Late night, listening and dancing to world music in aid of some kind of immigration relief benefit. My favorite radio DJ, Derek Mazzone of K-EXP, celebrated his birthday by spinning for this event. I have learned to appreciate a wide variety of music from all over, everything from Tibetan hip hop to sexy songs sung in Portuguese, listening to Mazzone's Wo Pop slot on Tuesday evenings, from 6-9. We shook hands with him and wished him a happy birthday. He has a sweet and, I wish, more powerful idea that world peace can be attained via sharing music. When I listen to all that he offers, I truly wish it were so simple.

2 Comments:

Blogger isabelita said...

You name it, there's an indigenous form of hip hop or spoken word going on. It sounds better to me in a different language.

10:03 AM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

I wish it were that simple too. Maybe music, and a very big gun.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home