Friday, March 09, 2007

Beauty spot

Chicken "mystery" solved: Both chickens safely ensconced on their roost; fowl in question may have been egg-laying or simply hiding.
Much done in aid of beauty yesterday afternoon, and my mother acquired an admiring fellow client at the salon, an elderly Asian woman who seemed to be awestruck at the vast amount of hair my mother still possesses.
New washer and dryer are successfully purchased, delivered, and installed; extremely elderly avocado green former appliances are dragged away. It was strange to see the old duo go, they served faithfully for about 35 years in this house. They were plain and straightforward in appearance and operation; I'm currently studying the user manual for the new ones, and looking around for stuff to warsh.

2 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

I'm glad that chicken returned. I was worried. I wondered, How does a chicken survive in the city, alone, and no way to call home? I saw a pic of your new warsher and dryer over at Mr. Perils. Very nice. May all of your washables be delighted by this new machinery.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Kathy Rogers said...

Of course, I have plenty of stuff you can warsh, if you're strapped for laundry. I never did get around to sorting the next bunch this weekend.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home