Monday, March 26, 2007

Mad with vitamin D

Do hope it can be stored for a while, somewhere in our bodies; sunshine arrived a bit late today, but in plenty of time for a good walk with my mother. Good is a relative term as time goes on, meaning about five blocks , but she still gets a workout, and is frequently observed by people who applaud her efforts. A house down the street has a good-sized pink magnolia coming into full bloom, and a bench sited right below it so we can take a breather on the way home and gaze up into the tree. Squirrels have been launching themselves from branches to attempt landing on a birdfeeder hanging out on a limb. We sit there like judges at a gymnastic competition and rate the little chiselers.

3 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

We had sun on Monday and took full advantage of it. Thought we were in for some sun on tuesday, but back to gloom. My bones are not happy about this.

2:46 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Mine neither, robin. But we WILL be dry this summer, I predict. Meanwhile, gotta keep distracted...

2:56 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I've never seen a pink magnolia. I bet it's beautiful.

I have the little squirrel entertainment right out my kitchen window. It's funny to see them slide down the stand of the shepards hook.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home