Saturday, March 31, 2007

Musical interlude

We went to a gathering in honor of a friend visiting from out of town, and part of the evening we spent in company with some twenty and thirty somethings who were exploring our hostess's musical files via her television, at her encouragement. Interesting to me that several people I've met in this age group really like the 70's and 80's stuff, particularly disco. It's a flavor that I never acquired much taste for, but it was evidently much appreciated by these younger ones, who said they started listening to it in middle school. Lots of dancing and singing along; I did feel a tad anthropological. Middle school music for me was Motown girl groups and the Beach Boys, the early Beatles.
This lot of the dancing ones are in grad school, moving into the wheelhouse of their lives, but still wild at heart.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy Rogers said...

Bleh. I graduated from high school in 1978, pretty much approaching the peak of the disco era. I have not developed any appreciation for most of that stuff. But valuable memory space is taken up in my brain by the likes of Donna Summer.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home