Sunday, May 27, 2007

Free irrigation

Again with the chilly rainy conditions; good for sprouting seeds, and running, but make it hard to convince the delicate among us it's good for walking. Late afternoon, visited my friend who just had a mastectomy, and she was game for a walk. We took her dog up into the off-leash dog park nearby, first time I'd ever been in there. A bit unsettling at first as lots of dogs who've never seen one another careen around, sniffing derrieres both canine and human, but my friend said she's only seen impending mayhem when an unneutered male shows up and the chemistry in the air changes.
Late walk as the skies cleared and the atmosphere seemed sharply focused.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked here in vain for Mr. L2S's comment about unneutered males...

Can't beat that free water + sunshine to follow. We haven't had much free water lately. I'm thinking it may never rain again.

3:39 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Heh. Plenty of unneutered male humans up there in that dog park, kathyr.
LA has always needed more water. Time to unplug Las Vegas.

4:08 PM  
Blogger JS said...

Glad to see your comments are working again. I tried to send greetings from Moscow, but could not read the Blogger's instructions in Russian. Very few dog parks in my neck of the woods; it must be too "New York" for some of our Texan homeboys (born here, but of a different sensibility sometimes) tolerate.

8:44 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

mfm, do they even have leash laws in Texas? Or poop scooping ordinances? Course, ya don't have to be a homeboy around here even to be a scofflaw. Dog owneres are very often oblivious to the effects of their darlings.

10:06 AM  
Blogger JS said...

They have leash laws, but they're enforced only spottily. As to poop scooping, I'm tempted to put up a sign in my yard: "Attention dogs: if your owners do not clean up after you, you are permitted and encouraged to bite them, repeatedly and with wild abandon." I think I wrote something about that once...maybe.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home