Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Boil and bubble...

Had a nice intense bouldering session today, to get the kinks out. Self chiropractry.
The uh, "pumpkin-themed" dessert looks kind of strange, but I figure if I put enough frosting on it, it won't matter; my maternal grandmother told me that, years before I saw Julia Child do the same thing on one of her cooking shows. Not cooking that bacon until tomorrow, it's far too tempting to slam a few rashers once it's out in the open. I can't imagine people eating bacon every single day, or many days of their lives; Woody Hayes, the venerable Ohio State University football coach of yore, reportedly did just that. I don't remember much about sports, but I do remember reading that his wife cooked him bacon every morning. I wondered if he would just pop during one of his infamous sideline rages.
Onward, to dream of cookery.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, he may not have literally popped. But he did pop someone. Which is about the same thing.

Pumpkin-themed dessert?

6:16 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Oh, I'd thought it would turn out a pumpkin-tinged gingerbread consistency, but using a whole can of organic pumpkin weighed it down,deflating it somewhat. it stastes fine, and the thick layer of white buttercream frosting with rainbow sprinkles alleviates its ugliness!

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home