Thursday, November 22, 2007

Toikey

The bird rolled out nicely, and the stuffing on the side, with the doctored-up Brusseled sprouts, roasted yellow spuds and garnet yam, homemade whole cranberry relish, herbed rolls and plenty of wine made for a more than ample repast. My beloved family courageously devoured the weird pumpkin thing, and claimed they thought it tasted fine; beloved son could not resist remarking that I was cooking for a captive audience, but I know he was just tweaking me. The snarky humor comes down the male line around here.

2 Comments:

Blogger JS said...

I'm been drooling over the brussel sprouts, thinking that the bacon and shallots and hazelnuts would be perfect with them. All the rest sounds wonderful, too, especially in light of the fact that wine was an accompaniment, but it's those brussel sprouts that got me going. Were they as good as I think they must have been?

2:51 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Coming right off the stalk as they did, the sprouts were sweet and tender. I didn't put shallots in them - sometimes I go a bit crazy with the onion/garlic, so I had mercy on my family - but the other ingredients worked well.
I think Brussel sprouts are hardy and easy to grow, like cabbages. It'd be worth trying in the back yard.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home