Sunday, November 04, 2007

What extra hour?

Somehow I didn't get to appreciate the "extra" time we gained. We forgot to reset my mom's watch, so she was up and at 'em too early. The dogs around us don't seem to have reset their inner clocks, either.
The day was saved by a most enjoyable rope climbing workout with my good friend's teenage daughter, a high school senior. She offered to go, so wangled her mom's car and off we went. She is a beautiful climber, and it was fun to have a "rope gun" to lead routes I'd not be able to finish. There were a couple of kind of obnoxious guys who were trying to jump in front of us on the lead wall, and one of them struggled on a route while we waited for them. After he gave up on it, my young friend coolly whisked up the same route the macho guy had bailed on. Sweet and wordless check.

2 Comments:

Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Well my little dog hasn't reset his little clock so he's wanting to eat an hour earlier than he should. This is going to take some getting used to on his part and mine. :)

I love how your friend showed the guys how it's done and so nicely. Good for her.

11:44 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Ah hah, pop. That explains why our cat is herding me out to the kitchen around four o'clock!
This kid is a pretty together teenager, at least more so than I ever was at her age. I think they need to be more so these days...

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home