Sunday, February 03, 2008

What game?

There's a snippet of a video out there which informs you that the Stupor Bowl advertising sells at a rate of $86,000 per second. That's about as succinct a piece of evidence of the grossness of this country as I've ever seen. Some friends and neighbors had people over who both did and did not watch The Big Game; the highlight of the afternoon for me was the husband's famous chili.
His son and the son's wife were over, and he told me about the Seattle restaurant he's been cooking in; it's gotten a reputation as a "cougar den." Mystified by a term I'd never heard before, I asked him about it. He told me it means older women, all gussied up, surgically altered, clothed in garb at once too low and too high, who stalk much younger men. Evidently they lurk around the piano player, too. This is a sight I do not really want to encounter, I think.
Sad and awful.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"it's gotten a reputation as a "cougar den." "

I think I live in one.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laughed out loud at Phil.

4:46 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Phil isn't here any more. He got dragged off by a pack of cougars...

7:49 PM  
Blogger MarcLord said...

Froward women, young or old and god bless them all, never act their age.

Signed,

Former Cougar Trifle

7:15 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Ha! And you lived to tell the tail!

8:09 PM  
Blogger MarcLord said...

yes, but it was easier because they couldn't very well follow me home. One was a beauty in Japan, and one was a very rich widow who lived in Southern Germany who I met in London.

It is surprisingly difficult to fend off a very rich widow when she invites you to her estate. It's quite a story, really, involving a big coincidence. Maybe I'll clean it up a bit (a great deal) and write a post about it.

2:57 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Okay, MarcLord, you've got my attention...DO tell!

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home