Friday, October 23, 2009

End o week

Thursday, ratting around time; the gray coolness was perfect for urban hiking. Passed the house of a guy who decorates enthusiastically for every regular old American type holiday; he had a skeletal bridal couple - picture male and female versions of The Cryptkeeper - posing up on the porch, over a queen-sized coffin, with a "Just Married" sign hanging over them. You would think "Till Death Do Us Part" would have served more accurately, but I slipped by without asking him about it. There were scores of plastic jack-o-lanterns scattered about, as well as a pile of uninflated inflatable Hollween figures. Lights everywhere; it looks as if it will be quite a sight when the tableaux is completed. Terrifying to the eyes of young children, I think; he'll be able to keep most of the candy for himself.

2 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

I'm always surprised by people who decorate so enthusiastically. I don't think I've ever lived in a neighborhood that didn't have such a house. I myself have never put up a single decoration for anything, so I guess there are those who make up for slackers like me.

2:41 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

You know, I used to put out more items in observance of Halloween when our kid was little, since he liked carving the pumpkins. I could go without any kind of decorations for anything lately.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home