Monday, November 09, 2009

arms of clay

Poor sleep makes for disappointing climbing performance; but it was fun to see my friend and her college-age daughter, who has been a champion climber in previous years. Now as she goes up routes we can only look at and dream of finishing, she mourns her "poor conditioning." We are not very sympathetic. She is a graceful athlete, and a very nice kid, and fun to spend time with.
Brief weather breaks for walks, no more raccoons in sight. They did leave droppings on the porch roof, though, in their own nasty "fuck you" way.

3 Comments:

Blogger Springer Kneeblood said...

If I'm not mistaken, today is your birthday. Just wanted to say it's a damn good thing you're celebrating another one. Climb a particularly challenging route in celebration!

5:48 AM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

Was Monday really your birthday? I hope you had a great day. Sorry to hear about the raccoon interactions. They are very bold and really challenging creatures. They do have a "fuck you" attitude, don't they?

8:21 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

The way I usually lag a day behind in posting is confusing, I think. My BD is actually 11/11, so a national holiday is held in my honor! Thanks, Springer, for the wishes.

robin a, my BD is today, Wednesday. And it has ceased to pour for a bit, so perhpas I can have part of a great day! Thanks!

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home