Sunday, November 01, 2009

'Weening

Pleasant morning of climbing, then a nice walk for our nonegenarian, in sun and no wind, her favorite. Hauled out the old spooky tree for the front porch, as we always have some little costumed beggars appear; no carved pumpkin, but I found a squash-themed cartoon poster I made some years ago, so it went up behind the little, lighted dead tree. One little boy from down the street gazed at its purple lights, dusty webbing and paper bats and appreciatively declared it "scary". We had about a dozen trick-or-treaters, with two guys in skunks among the best outfits. I saw a 16 month old girl dressed as an owl at the corner store; I complimented her on her outfit, just as she started to cry, loudly and piercingly. "Oh, a screech owl," I commented to her mother, who chuckled. We made some pizza, and had a cozy evening.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathy Rogers said...

We had very few costumed customers this year. Lowest number ever. Which means a big bowl of candy goes to Allen's office. Better them than me...

6:14 AM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

A screech owl... that's very funny. No trick or treaters out in the country. We stopped buying candy years ago.

8:08 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

I think I'll take the remains to the climbing gym, and see if they'll put it out for general consumption.

I'm trying to remember what the kids who lived out on frams around our small town in Ohio did for Halloween. I think some of them were brought in by their parents or older siblings.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home