Saturday, November 03, 2012

Rodential dementia

Out on a hunting and gathering walk, I passed the trashy little front garden of a strange shop that has purported for years to sell commemorative embroidered patches and such other oddments.  I saw a grayish brown, furry shape settled in front of a Coke bottle lying on its side, and figured it was a large dead rat.   It leaped up suddenly, drawing its mouth away from the bottle, and I realized it was a squirrel, sucking pop out of the bottle; yet another sign of impending doom...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like such a funny experience. Better a squirrel than a rat, but I'm not sure why.

2:09 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Yeah, I guess squirrels can be considered cuter, but it was still creepy. Coke, running in the veins of little animals...

8:49 PM  
Blogger JS said...

I hate it when impending doom happens unexpectedly.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home