Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Waddaya know...this thing works, finally

Tried to get in here earlier today, but it was glitchin'. Finally got back to climbing, even if it was only the gym. Had a pleasant surprise, as the shoe resole guy didn't charge me for the last pair. Then there was a huge sale of climbing clothes and accessories, so geeze, for ten bucks a throw I acquired a couple of shirts and a pair of shorts. The main route setters had begun stripping the walls for the upcoming comp on Saturday, and I'm heading over there tomorrow to help strip some more. I'll also help lead belay with the coach's girlfriend; we decided we'd be best suited to belay the younger female climbers, since we're about the same size, maybe slightly heavier. We'll see; our dear son wants to go out to real rock on Saturday, and if it isn't raining, I would really like to go with him. Don't know how many times I'll get invitations from him as time goes by...
Okay. Outta here, going to read my novel, In the time of Our Singing, by Richard Powers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home