Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Maybe it's May

Technically it was morning when I woke up in a sweat, about 12:30, after disturbing dreams, to wonder if our son had made it back from a big day hike in the Cascades with a friend. I lay there for a while, wondering if a phone would ring; then I heard the shower go on downstairs, so my anxiety was quashed. I went down and spoke to him through the door. It had rained all day, but they managed 14 miles. I went back to bed and had more weird dreams; the last one I can recall having to do with walking along a boardwalk overlooking the water and seeing all manner of strange and frightening creatures swimming by, about, and jumping up to near eye level, chomping and frothing at the mouth. There was even the huge, dark and awful outline underwater of something that looked like a dragon. And I hadn't even been reading Moby Dick last night!
Another day in paradise; two good walks for Mother, a nice run and workout for me; and off to the gas station to fill up dear spouse's car. The usual sticker shock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home