Thursday, April 28, 2005

Thursday

So we did hairdo day, a bit of grocery shopping, a walk, and lunch; then I was off to the gym to make my contribution to this weekend's competition. After two-plus hours of hauling myself up the walls, removing holds, and hauling them back down, my arms were tired and my legs sore from hanging in the harness. For relief, I tried out the 15 year-old girls' warm-up route, a stiff 11a lead that I top-roped successfully. Still... those little girls are among the harderst working climbers on the team, and it's quite astounding to see how well they can climb.
I had agreed to go out this weekend with our son, if the weather is good. I think I still will do so.

1 Comments:

Blogger isabelita said...

Heh heh...well, around our household, it is a weekly occurence for my mother. Usually it falls on a Wednesday, and boy, the joint is rockin' with little old ladies! The salon I take her to is called Hair with Flair; her stylist, Anna, is astoundingly efficient and skilled. If we go in a day early or late, there's this gravelly-voiced fellow in his 60's or so who looks and sounds as if he's straight out of Woody Allen's "Broadway Danny Rose." Mother likes it when he speaks to her, usually larding his greeting with a compliment, but her own stylist seems to be a bit protective of Mom! She'll speak rather curtly to the fellow...

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home