Thursday, May 19, 2005

Tell me how do you feel?

Feel like I'm sleeping a split shift...three hours on, three hours off...
I'm about 250 pages into "Winter's Tale," and getting the urge to reach for an editing pencil again. There have been little bursts of pretty interesting writing, then swatchs of overgrown verbiage that should have been weed-whacked. And people in the book group have been extolling this tome. It's chock full of cliche and predictable stuff. I'm going to be the negative one on this, if I can make myself finish it.
Off to Hair with Flair for Mama, then off for a run and workout. Wild weather today, windy, huge ominous clouds banking along the Cascade Mountains and over along Puget Sound. We were fortunate to be in a great big "sucker hole" of blue sky for much of the afternoon, but the storms just hit from the west. Wet cats are frantically asking to get inside; one with wet muddy feet just jumped on my lap to "cuddle" - read get warm - and left footprints across my tan pants.
We wound up having a pretty good dinnertime discussion, which resulted in handing my mom Laxness's "Independent People" to dive into for her next reading selection. I only hope it isn't too confusing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home