Wednesday, July 20, 2005

If I had a clone, wouldn't have to climb alone...

Well, this morning's light brought relief: Mom's swollen ankle is fine. The right knee, which was starting to hurt, is fine. One takes satisfaction from small improvements.
Started again on Don Q. last night, and conked out before 9:00. Woke up a little before 11:00 and went downstairs to see if I could IM the beloved spouse. We had a pleasant chat, then off I toddled. This morning I was just waking up when I heard a horrible racket right outside the window next to my side of the bed. Peeking through the shades I saw an insane squirrel, dashing back and forth on the sill. Glad it wasn't open. The squirrel was making that bizarre ranting noise they are wont to do, resembling a harpy or a baby T. Rex, I imagine. I whacked on the window pane and it glared at me and scurried quickly over to the deck railing. Reminiscent of that scene in "Alien" where the baby thing tore its way out of a guy's chest and dashed onto a table top...
Got our lawn mowed. It's so cool and shady in our side yard, at certain times of the day.
My usual climbing pals pooped out on me. Had to go boulder by myself. Rather anticlimatic and not much fun, but at least I got a work out.
Fun to go to the Ballard Market, and buy lots of good food. I'm saving the organic blueberries and raspberries for my beloved spouse...
Again to bed with Don Q.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home