Friday, July 22, 2005

Wet wickets

Around 6:30 this morning, I woke up to the sound of rain. The morning was so cozily gloomy, I dozed off as I tried to read Don Q. The cats were sprawled about the bed, not evincing any desires to spring up and greet the day - not even for food. The household finally showed some animation a couple of hours later, but my mom went back to bed while I got up for a quiet moment with my coffee cup.
On our walk later this morning, the showers had stopped, and the snails were everywhere, crossing the sidewalks, crawling up retaining walls, hanging from threads of slime from plants tehy were eating. They're fascinating, but I think we've got a full scale invasion of them, a plague of Biblical proportions. I don't think the two year old boy next door can feed them to the neighbor's chickens fast enough to keep down the population.
Late this afternoon I met up with a friend at the climbing gym. We have a plan afoot to get out tomorrow for a bit of actual rock climbing on actual rock! There will be a "girls' car" and a "boys'
car," with the former leaving a bit earlier than the latter. This should be a fun day, with a swell 45 minute hike up to the site and plenty of moderate routes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home