Sunday, August 14, 2005

Sunny Sunday

Finished The Razor's Edge last night. It has a few meaty ideas to pick over, but I'm wondering how much discussion we're going to get out of it. Years ago I read Maugham's Of Human Bondage, and I vaguely recall that one being more substantial than this novel, but I wasn't so taken with his writing to want to go back and re-read it. Razor's Edge has one character that appealed to me, Larry Darrell, the young man whom everyone else is disgusted with since he throws off the usual pursuits of money and worldly goods and commercial endeavor in order to pursue his quest for wisdom and the nature of faith.
Absolutely fabulous day, sunny, hot, breezy; two shorter walks for my mother, running and working out with the beloved spouse. BBQ-ed some surf and turf - salmon and a steak - had some bubbly, and a lovely walk just before sunset. Everyone had windows and doors open to catch the evening air which was balmy, a rarity in this climate. Perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home