Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Two nights running?!

Astounding, yet true; another several hours' worth of sleep! Feeling so perky I can't believe it's really me.
On our first little walk today, we espied some additions to the large dumb-looking inflatable Frankenstein monster on the place across Meridian, down the block. Said inflated Frankie is not to be confused with any of the high-tech, petroleum by-product sex dolls currently under scrutiny on the blogosphere... So, the added decoration: a large plush stuffed Taz the Tasmanian Devil toy, standing in what appears to be a miniature wooden dugout canoe, holding a real fishing pole and going after what I interpreted as "ghost fish": They are made out of some kind of white, fibrous stuffing material, fronted with a small metal mesh that resembles, fairly creatively, fish scales. These ghostly piscine wonders are floating away from Taz into a decorative shrub, along a line of purple holiday lights which run along and away from his fishing pole. If it wasn't so cluttery, I'd give it a prize for trippiest Halloween decorations EVER.
Forgot to relate an odd little episode with the guy who came over yesterday to switch our cable strike. When we walked around to the side of the house, he ran into a spider web and kind of... screamed. I quickly removed the spider, as I feared he would smash it. He abashedly muttered something about how I'd just heard him "scream like a little girl." I told him it was okay, lots of people hate spiders, but we liked them and found them useful as pest eliminators.
He claimed it was the webs that freaked him out.
I feel so macho, protecting a guy from a spider.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home