Sunday, November 27, 2005

Porque?

One of the bloggers I read is questioning his raison d'etre in this medium, and seems to suggest that many bloggers do it just to fill space. Another put forth a lovely photo which had been altered by photoshop with a disclaimer that it wasn't the real thing, real art. These two items have been bumping against one another in my thoughts: To the photographer, I say, it's art because you have made the choice of imagery, and may choose whatever medium you like to present it. One doesn't have to be a painter or draftsman for it to be real art. Which brings me back to the first item: Many people like the idea of writing, but it is a difficult medium of expression for most of us. So these blogs are a fairly harmless way to make an effort in the art of writing. I am not a professional writer, nor do I aspire to be, but I have read for the past 52 of my 55 years, steadily, avidly, greedily, primarily fiction, and grow increasingly fascinated with the art of wordsmithing. I've had plenty of experience with visual arts, and thus I am trying to see how to work with words. It is, in my opinion, much harder to write than to draw.
While running home today around 3:30, a huge cloud floated over and flung tiny snow pellets around; it was windless, there was lovely clear sky around it.
Later we may go out to hear music.

2 Comments:

Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

I think cooking is probably the ultimate art form. Maybe I feel that way cuz I suck at it, but boy do I admire cookers.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Running has taken its usual swing toward winter, no? I was out yesterday and there was frost on my usually bone dry trails.

Art, of course, is all in the eye of the beholder. And truth is a slave to perception. If you think it is, and then act on it, then it is. Or, at least the consequences will reflect whether or not it is.

Blog on, sister. For whatever reason, blog on.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home