Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Not a cloud in the sky

Those of us here at this little hearth were up earlier than usual this morning, perhaps owing to the blinding sunlight seeping in around the edges of the blinds. Breakfasted, increased my heartrate via blogreading, visited the ever-busy neighborhood chickens on my mother's daily rounds, got her lunch, talked with my brother, who's just returned from a fabulous two week long trip to New Zealand after quitting his job of over 21 years as a nuclear radiologist. Didn't get a detailed report on this trip, but I know it included fly-fishing and hiking. Off for Hairdo Day for my mother, and now I'm getting the hell outta the house for a nice run and workout.
Not much to reflect upon, as my thoughts overflow regarding current events. I'm escaping to postwar England and Ireland again, as I am nearing the end of Bowen's collected stories...

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

No doubt the sun was welcomed no matter the time.

Post war Ireland is a wonderful place. Have you ever been, in person?

3:32 PM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Hey, the sun's out! Wanna go golfing at one of those new National Park courses?

7:52 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

'spike, I've never been to Europe.
Beloved spouse is of Irish stock, and would probably like to travel to the Old Sod.
Neil, I frickin' despise golf. It's a game for Pod people!!!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Even better when you have family roots to trace while heading to the old country. I'm not Irish either, but I'm willing to convert.

9:46 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Well, in all the travel shows I've seen of Ireland, a couple of drawbacks would be the not-so-hot weather, and the lack of tall rocks...I'm not really enthusiastic over the idea of traipsing around, looking for lost cousins. A woman we know who is of Irish extraction said there's a cottage industry over there of people being glad to be your long-lost cousin!
There are so many places in the US I haven't seen yet...

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home