Sunday, January 22, 2006

Peace between the gatos

Awoke out of convoluted dreams around 4:00 this morning, and wandered downstairs for a gulp of cold water. Peeked out the front door, and in sped our mildy feral cat. His more housebound brother ambled downstairs, sniffed him all over, then all of us went back to bed. There were no territorial skirmishes upon the counterpane.
Got away today for an indoor climbing workout. Carpooled with my oldest climbing partner and friend, met up with another one for an afternoon of moderate fun. I had to lead, since I chickened out down in Joshua Tree on putting in gear. Well, geeze, even the "easy" routes went some ways up, oh, say, 20 or 30 feet before one could place anything, so I sure as hell wasn't risking my 55 year old ass and bones! The gym is all sport bolted, with draws in place, so there's no excuse up to a certain degree of difficulty. We had a good session, and it was good to catch up with these women. They go later in the afternoon/early evening than is best for me, so we've been out of touch for a while. My oldest climbing partner/friend and I have gone on some good trips together, and I hope all of us can manage at least one this spring, perhaps up to Squamish, BC.
Onward with the Bowen short stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home