Monday, January 23, 2006

Me so tired

Lousy night's sleep, so bad that I accepted the free cup of drip coffee the local coffee bean perveyors offer me every time I buy a pound of beans, and drank just about the whole thing.
As I was driving home from PCC, the place of organic and kind of expensive foodstuffs where one can procure fresh fruits, vegetables, maple butter and other delights, I heard Jim Hightower on a local public radio station. As I heard him comment on the Jack Off... I mean Abramhoff lobbying shit scandal and the GOP's constant spinning of lies and rationalizations about it, and as I thought about all the boxcarsful of shit they are constantly dumping over everything, 24/7, a hideously appropriate image came to mind: Way out here in the Pacific Northwest we have these gigantic manure spreaders that look like enormous lawn sprinklers. They are used to fertilize fields. They pump, and pump, and pump vast quantities of cowshit. Maybe pigshit, too, which would really be appropriate, since it smells much worse than cowshit. I envision the GOP, and some Dems, too, I'm sure, but mostly Repubs, as an endless source of dark gooey manure, sluicing out over the country, befouling all they touch, and filling the atmosphere with the stench of their presence. Pumping, pumping, pumping, spraying chokingly foul shit upon every inch of this country, and the rest of the planet. This is the true image and meaning of their "spreading democracy." I would like to envision them drowning in a vast pool of their own ordure. Like the character in "Seven Beauties" who put himself out of his prison camp misery by jumping into a cesspool of human waste. Oh, in real life, it would be figurative, of course...
I am very weary of much.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Isa,

Are you going political on us? Wahoo! I have oft thought this analogy was perfect for the "spreading freedom" lot. Except our brand of spreading freedom is not nearly as effective.

Incidentially, the job interview was in Oregon. We shall see how it goes - small little town in the middle of the state. Nice place, but much under water at this point. You folks in the way up North are really getting spanked by the rain this year.

Blog on Sister.

6:43 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

'spike, I've always been "political," but there are scores of people out there wielding far keener weapons than I have at my disposal. I have to give expression to inner turmoil when it builds to an unbearable point.
I still prefer the idea of writing daily, no matter how comparatively
minor the effort, and only using the written word as a medium. And I'm not so skilled at that, but so fucking what. It's my blog, and I'll post if I want to.
Yes, we are washing away with the moisture that belongs not in the atmosphere but in the ice packs. Everything gets me down...

7:04 PM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Maybe we can get George to hold a photo-op in front of one of those machines...while it's running.

2:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Isa,

I would argue that you are indeed talented. Your writing keeps me coming back - like a home cooked meal, complete with vegan chocholate doughnuts for desert.

I love Hightower - no doubt, his phone is tapped.

Hopefully the sun has broken through your torrent enough to get you mom out for a walk without zipping up the wet suit.

Blog on Sister, Blog on.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home