Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sunlight, briefly

Then gone again, grudgingly giving us about half an hour in a damp chilly wind to get a bit of walking in for my mother. She barely made it to the turn around point for four blocks, and when she got to her usual resting place on our neighbor's wall, almost fainted, needed to be put level on her back with her feet up. I am perplexed, she was cheerful, wanted to get out; she sometimes hates the wind. Or maybe it was a bit earlier than we usually go out these days. She remarked that she must be getting older by the day, which I tried to jolly her out of. I just hope she can hold her own while we're gone for most of this next week. She'll have in-home caregivers for parts of the days, and it's usually only when she's outside that this has happened.
Fortunately I was able to get away for a couple hours of gym climbing. Unfortunately, stress over my mom hampered me; so strange how draining worry can be, even when you think you've put it aside for a bit. I managed to get fairly well exercised, so that's the best I can do for now.
The trip coming up this next week seems unreal. Dreamlike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home