Tuesday, March 07, 2006

It's a hard rain

Fortunately I got my mother out for her walk before noon. I just came back from running and working out - it's now around 3:30 - and only just made it into the house before the heavy icy cold rain I got caught in turned to hail. Not sleet, just about as cold as it can get and remain liquid. The run homeward was up a long hill, so I did stay warm in my little daffodil yellow rain poncho. ("I dreamed I won the marathon in my Maidenform poncho!")
Found a powdered form of electrolytic formula, which we will be trying tomorrow for my mother. The young woman running the Be Well shop over on 45th is a student at Bastyr College, a naturopathic medical school, and was brimming with information. Interesting; I'll keep her remarks in mind, and compare them with the traditional medicos' ideas.
An uneventful and peaceful evening; lately that's a good thing.
Off to ancient Uruk...

2 Comments:

Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Off to Ancient Uruk again? Man, you sure do a lot of jumping back and forth between worlds...not mention the time travel!

12:55 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

There is an actual recipe for an electrolyte substitution that taste fairly good. I don't remember the recipe, but I'm sure a little online research could produce one very similar to the one we used to use. It had all the elctrolytes: sodium, potassium, chloride, and even lots of glucose and something else. Can't remember, but it was really tasty. We made it for our babies, back in the day before hospitals bought bottles of pedialyte.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home