Wednesday, March 01, 2006

In like a soggy lamb

And I couldn't finish a single page - no, not even a single paragraph - of that Hesse heap, so I'm not finished with it. Or am I? Someone in the book group compared it humorously to a grown up version of wizard school. That may have permanently ruined any possible appreciation of it for me, since I cannot abide another peep about Harry Potter.
Horrible night's sleep again; no energy for climbing, but a bit for hill running. By late afternoon, it was pleasantly warm. The crocuses in front yards are as wide open as they can be, soaking up the unexpected sunlight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Isa,

Drop it - if you can't get through a page, no need to torture yourself.

Incidentially, HP I choose to view on the big screen. The book reads like a screen play anyway, so why read it. The movies are better - a rare case I think.

Saw near thirty homeless on my AM run through the park, but I was glad it stopped raining, for them, not for me.

11:14 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

'spike - Out of sheer... weirdness, I find I must go on with The Glass Bead Game, even if it's a pain in the ass to read most of the time. After all, why did Hesse get a Nobel Prize for it?
There are these occasional nuggets of truth that appear, so I guess it's like picking through rocks on the beach, looking for agates...
I think legions of homeless folks should camp out in the White House Rose Garden...

2:40 PM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Boy, you're a strong one, I., able to cast aside a "Heapa Heapa Burnin' Hesse" like that!

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home