Friday, March 10, 2006

Look out, world!

Accumulative exhaustion finally paid off, in seven consecutive hours of sleep. Now if I can only find a similarly nefariously oriented assistant, things will change. in this universe. At least for the day.
This afternoon, when I told our son I was heading out to run hills, he asked if he could join me. As we headed down to the park, a huge black cloud approached from the north, and followed us into the woods. After a long uphill stretch, it began to snow, odd clumpy lumps. Not hail, but large white blobs, no pretty flakes. It grew darker as we moved back into the little woods, and rabbits fled in all directions. The cold air and frozen morsels hitting the overheated skin on my face were sharp, delicious. Beloved son was kind for most of the hills, but notched it up on the last one, leaving his panting mother behind. Not too surprising, as he's been doing a fair amount of fitness training for some time now. I think he appreciated the hill course, something I've been suggesting for a while. Runing up a series of hills feels similar to hiking uphill with a loaded pack, I think.
We cruised on into the evening.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rory Shock said...

nice images ... you guys are cool

6:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe said son aught bungee his mom up the hill - both recieve good work out, no? Hey, we used to do hill repeats for cross country training in high school. Since I live in a town with hills to spare, I don't need the repeats. We just hit the usual routes.

BTW, we got snow here last eve - which is really unheard of - at least since I have lived here.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home