Sunday, March 11, 2007

Busy!

Off to the Ethiopian grocery store and a toy store across the street; long time since I've been in one of the latter. We all wandered around marveling at the array of realistic-looking stuffed animals, the variety of games, the overwhelming choice of toys. Somehow the guys managed to choose a few each, with impressive calmness. I thought the giant anteater and octopus were especially tempting, but I resisted.
One of the women running the Ethopian grocery/restaurant gave my sister and me fresh coffee she made on the spot, from roasting and grinding the beans, to preparing it in a special pot. It's very strong, like a Turkish coffee, and the fresh taste makes even the best custom beans from our corner cafe/coffee purveyor seem a bit stale by comparison, but I don't think I'll adopt the Ethiopian method just yet. Not sure I could wait much longer for my morning java. We brought home small vats of the various wats, and plenty of injera bread. Three squares for the guys for a day or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home