Friday, November 23, 2007

Aftermath

Yeah, leftover items; we cheerfully consume them. Enough cranberries and wine, and we're good.
No shopping for me on this so-called Black Friday. Just like in the old Steely Dan tune, I can easily dig myself a hole and ignore the consumption frenzies. Feeling increasingly disconnected from people who MUST shop, need to shop, for stuff beyond necessities. It's a disease.
Fortunately found a novel I'd bought in a used book store up on Capital Hill, written by an author recommended by an old book group buddy in Montreal: The Diviners, by Margaret Laurence. I read another of her works, The Stone Angel, lent to me by a local friend, and appreciated this Canadian artist very much. The Diviners is panning out well thus far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home