Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Schizo

The cat was acting even more oddly than usual, not wanting to come in out of the cold the other night. When we were all nestled in bed, reading, I was about to turn off the light when the bed felt as if it had been jerked once, rather firmly. It felt like a small earthquake, and finally, late in the afternoon, I found a report of a 4.0 quake out on the Olympic Peninsula. As the person reporting it observed, I hope it was just an easing up, since it was the latest in a flurry of smaller ones. The cats always know, however.
We luck out and have a gorgeous day, which we attempt to inhale.

4 Comments:

Blogger JS said...

I'm not a fan of earthquakes. I hope you've had all you're going to get for a long while.

11:02 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

The only people I've ever observed who thought an earthquake was "Cool!" were some elementary school boys, during the good-sized one we had out here on February 28,2001. It got them out of class and onto the playground for quite a while. If the weather had been miserable I doubt they would have enjoyed the experience as much as they claimed to.
Definitely not wanting a big one this time of year, or ever!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Kathy Rogers said...

So you're saying that even though they make me sneeze, I should get a cat as an Earthquake Warning Device.

We are way overdue for a Big One.

10:36 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Well, kathyr, if I could manage to connect his weird behavior with impending doom, I guess it would be helpful, but since our cat is always kind of strange, I don't always figure it out.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home