Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Momentary near warmth

We almost got warm, and spied many more crocuses starting to bloom. There are very early yellow ones that have little tiger stripes up from the stem, and white ones with indigo bases. There are even some more slender ones that look like smaller versions of the autumn variety. The cats were crazy, rolling around on sunny patches of sidewalk and ambushing unpredictably.
King crab legs looked appealing, as well as giant sea scallops; we'll have V-Day dinner early this year.
I've gotten well along in re-reading Doris Lessing's The Golden Notebook; I do wonder how much my high school aged self grasped of the political material. Such a rich writer, in an economical and uncomplicated way; I think I like her far better at this remove.

4 Comments:

Blogger JS said...

Giant sea scallops...hmmm..what time shall I arrive for dinner? I fed raw fish to my favorite wife for lunch today, in celebration of Valentine's Day. She is very happy at this moment, being the sushi-lover that she is. I, of course, was happy to accommodate her, inasmuch as I've been known to warm up to the idea of sushi on occasion. I hope the warm weather continues and your aflood in crocuses before long.

11:34 AM  
Blogger JS said...

that's "you're aflood..." Damn fingers.

11:35 AM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

I do hope spring is really on its way. That would make the perfect Valentine's Day. Crocus blooming and the promise of daffodils to follow.

1:28 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

One of my brother-in-laws has flatly declared that he doesn't eat bait; no sushi for him!

Oh, it's not on the way, robin a. It's merely toying with us...

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home