Monday, May 19, 2008

Cotton batting

The skies are getting swathed with gray bales. It's a relief from 90+F. A trip to the climbing gym takes a twist, as my usual companion was summonsed by her son's elementary school to pick him up from the nurse's office, he having fallen ill precipitously. Her cell phone rang just as we were getting ready to start our workout. I was resigning myself to a solitary traverse and bouldering session, when I saw a trio of women I sort of recognized. One had mercy upon me, and we shared belays. She knew someone I knew, and we had a pleasant hour or so trying some of the routes the kids faced in the regional championship competition last Saturday. She got her undergraduate degree in math in Boulder, where she also learned to climb.
Salmon for dinner, just a small bit, since the prices are rocketing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home