Saturday, May 17, 2008

Great balls of fiery margaritas!

During an evening walk last night, we stopped in for a light bite and a cooling beverage. The bartender talked me into trying his fresh strawberry margarita, on the rocks, sugared rim, with an added kick - and I mean kick - of serrano chili. With a slice or two of jalepeno for garnish. Hottest cooling beverage I ever had, but delicious.
Bit of a coo-coo redux: As I walked back from the store this afternoon, I saw a grizzled-looking fellow on a kid's BMX bike, and heard him muttering loudly. A woman turned onto the sidewalk in front of me just as he increased his volume: "Oh, he ripped me off. Yeah, you can have him, the old fart; you, the both of you, (as he saw me) tell your life story and get ripped off!" Then he turned his bike into a side street, saw another woman walking along with a man and child and brayed,"Another big broad!" At that point I would have pounded him upside the head with his diminutive BMX...
Could it be the nearly ninety degree temps addling brains?

3 Comments:

Blogger JS said...

We heard similar wierdness during our recent trip to Chicago (but the weather was cool, so it wasn't the heat that caused it). I think years of alcohol or drug abuse or simple neglect of their mental illness has left them angry at their inner world.

The margarita wih the kick does sound delicious.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy Rogers said...

Yikes. Hot/cold margaritas for everyone!

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's the drink!

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home