Monday, November 19, 2012

Never wonder if it could rain any harder...

Walked home yesterday from the Pike Place Market downtown, six miles or so, after delivering a pet portrait to a band benefactor.  He was most appreciative, and it was a sweet little picture. The Market was insanely crowded, lines snaking out of every food venue along its corridors, and the wind was starting to whip up.  I headed along Second Avenue towards the Seattle Center. By the time I summited Queen Anne Hill, there was a bit of calm.  I hadn't had much to eat earlier, and as I passed a French bakery, nicely named La Reve, I decided to try some of its feted products.  The pain au chocolat was too bready, and didn't contain enough chocolate, but as I was famished, it sufficed for the remainder of the journey. I munched as I marched along beneath my bumbershoot.  The streets on the backside of Queen Anne were streaming with water and the shaded sidewalks were slick with moss, so I made my way cautiously down to the Fremont Bridge, thinking how dumb it would be to incur an injury whilst walking down hill in the rain.  A pit stop at PCC provided us with half of a turkey breast for the upcoming holiday dinner, and I psyched myself up for the final hills.
All night it rained, and blew from the east/southeast, and at one point was so loudly drumming on everything that it sounded like a stream of jets landing to the south.  It hasn't let up yet...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the weather has calmed down by now. I've been following that storm on the NOAA website. It looked pretty fierce.

Happy Thanksgiving!

7:56 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Yep, it was a gigantic rinse cycle, or maybe more of a huge swirly...
Seems to be calmer at the moment.
And Happy T-Giving to you guys, too!

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home