Saturday, May 28, 2005

Sizzling Saturday

Up too late last night, crappy sleep, late rising. Early maternal maintenance walk, nice exchanges with some neighbors.
After a slow morning, I got out for a walk, up past the zoo, along Phinney Ave., stopping at the Phinney Market for a motley little bag of foodstuffs which included organic catfood. I occasionally try some out on the cats, but one of them regularly turns up his nose at the higher priced spread.
As I was going downhill towards the lake, I passed some sort of service at a church. Little brown girls in very frilly white dresses were going inside. One of them unceremoniously hitched up her skirts and hoisted up her pantyhose as she approached the church entrance.
Walked back along Green Lake, where I could see a pretty good crowd along the water near the boat house. As I got closer, I could hear - ukelele music. There was a Hawaiian canoe club competition, and several women's crews were hauling around buoys in wide turns. There were clubs from all around the Puget Sound area, and lots of mellow-looking folks lounging around.
Early to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home