Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Monday

Gray and melancholy-invoking thus far...
Managed a little indoor climbing workout with a friend who went to Leavenworth over the weekend. It didn't sound as if they got all that much climbing done, but at least they got away.
So many outrageous bits of information and specious soundbites on this supposed day of remembrance that I find myself almost too angry to remark upon them. I want to push the Joint Chiefs of Staff's smirking faces into the bloody shit they deserve.
Although I was determined to read something I liked, I went back into Winter's Tale. When Halperin isn't trying so hard to be "brilliantly" poetic or creative, which I think he does a piss poor job of, and is actually working on the characters' actions, things go better. I'm over the 600 page mark...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home