Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Deep Wednesday

Not very exciting revelations today about the identity of "Deep Throat." When I went to my climbing gym today, a man I know was there, who is 86 years old, and was on Nixon's enemy list. I asked him if he had already known about the true identity of Deep Throat, and he said, no, but he wasn't exactly enthralled by the revelation that it was Felt. We agreed that no one these days is bold or brave enough to be either the informant or the reporter; all is cowardice and venality. Had a good session, then back home to serve my mom her evening beverage.
casting about for my next book to read, it occurred to me that I had begun to re-read Don Quixote, and put it aside. Since the New York Times group is discussing it this month, I picked it up and resumed. I found myself in the wild sierra, listening to tales of star-crossed love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home