Thursday, May 26, 2005

So hot at 11:00 o'clock

Something murdered sleep for me last night, despite having read some of the stupid, boring, poorly written and predictable Winter's Tale, enough to put me in a coma at about 11:00. But a little before two, I was wandering around, miserably hot. Ended up in our son's room, which was quiet and cool. At 6:30, up and wandering again. Drifted off again, until the stupid dog next door started its dying smoke alarm imitation. Lousy night.
By mid-morning, it was hot. Got my mom out early, before she melted. Off for ye olde hairdo.
When I finally dragged my ass out to run, I saw a group of teenage girls clipping along behind me. The lead sylph overtook me, but the pack reached me and sort of swept me along. They said they were from Ballard High School, which is not too far west from Green Lake. It was fun to draft them, but then they stopped, rather precipitously, looking at their watches. I was just as happy to be away from them; their skin is so young-looking, it's pretty scary.
A very hot evening...it got up to 89 today, and the house is still holding it in.
I am disgusted with my reading. I may abandon Winter's Tale at page 450.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home