Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Misty morning

...and afternoon and evening. Had a 9 block walk this morning, with the goal of finding some birthday cards for my sister, who turns 50 this weekend. Nice run and workout; we're all peppier when it cools down.
Just faxed a release form, registration and "model release" to a little guiding company up in Squamish, B.C. My longest time climbing buddy and I, who climbed the Grand Teton a couple of years ago, all 13, 744 feet up, down, and a 14 mile roundtrip hike up and then down from it, are going on a relatively mild adventure next week. We are having a guide take us up a multi-pitch route on the Squamish Chief, a huge granite monolith that rears itself out of the landscape on the right side of the road to Whistler, the ski resort. (The model release says if anybody gets photos of me whilst I am climbing, the little guiding company may use them for promotional purposes. Yeah, well, maybe if they're marketing to AARP!) My friend and I decided we needed a bit of adventure, and we've only been out cragging once together this summer. So, off we go next Tuesday, heading for a day of practice, a walk-in camping site with outhouses and a water source at the base of the Chief. And an al day climb up something on the Chief. We took my friend's daughter up there a couple of weeks before the 9/11 attack four years ago, and had a wonderful time. It ws a gathering of an all women's climbing group, which was mostly terrific, except for the swacked woman from D.C. who came over with her partially consumed bottle of Jack Daniels trying to pick me up and get me into her tent - I decided I was flattered to be thought attractive, although I'm a hetero from way back.
Off to read more of The Chaneysville Incident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home