Friday, October 14, 2005

Back to the no sleep zone...

Well, crap. I was on a winning streak for a bit this week, sleeping stretches, swaths of hours in a row! Had me one of those 3 ayem to 5 ayem wide awake sessions. Even reading the ponderous Gold Bug Variations didn't help.
One of my other climbing friends called. She'd worked on call last night - an anaesthesiologist - and had only had four hours of sleep herself, so we postoned our session from today till tomorrow, late morning. We'll have her two daughters with us, who top rope enthusiastically for a bit, then go lie down on the stretching mats to read and snack. They usually have had a soccer game or practice before coming to the gym, so need a breather.
Got my mother out for her 8 block walk late this morning, after she successfully navigated a bath. It's been unbelievably nice today, despite a call for rain. I then went out on a bit of a walk, down to Lake Union where a murder of crows was nastily harassing what looked like a peregrine falcon, chasing it all the way across the lake to the base of Queen Anne Hill. It clouded up, and a chilly breeze came across the lake from the south.
As I walked back up the mile to the top of the hill, the sun came back and it was probably about 70 degrees. Got my mom out for another 4 block bonus, and the afternoon is about done. Got the start of our maple tree's leaf blanket raked onto the parking strip, where it will compost over the winter.
Up to continue my slogging read...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home