Saturday, October 22, 2005

Salubrious weather we're having

Good thing, too, because the red wine last night didn't sit well. Horrible sleeping again, had to get up, walk downstairs, let a cat out, get some cold water, then retreat into our absent son's room to get a few hours' of rest.
Today I felt unwell, as if I were coming down with something, so I got out of the house for a walk. It helped some. I went down to Lake Union, as I often do, and stood in the sun and stiff breeze, listening to a Rastaferian-looking guy playing very folky-sounding guitar. Dogs retrieved balls from the polluted water nearby - I wonder if people know what's lurking on the bottom, no one's supposed to swim in it - kids ran up and down the Kite Hill, and mottled clouds started appearing from over Queen Anne Hill.
Walked back up the hill to home, hot and sweaty, in 70 degree weather. Got my mom out for a little 2 block bonus walk to tag onto to her 8 blocker this morning.
Went out for a night time walk with the beloved spouse, and we missed a call from our son, who's down in Joshua Tree, CA, climbing. He sounded up beat, hope he calls again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home