Saturday, October 15, 2005

Perky and energetic!

Yes, that would be me. Did a warm up 5 blocker with Mother, then off to meet my friend and her daughters at the climbing gym. By the time I got there, she and the girls, including one of their soccer mates, had already done a number of top ropes and were off to the boulder room. We adults zipped around to get in our workout, and chat with some women we know from various parts of our lives. One couple was a woman who used to work at the gym, and her partner, an OB/GYN with whom my friend has worked in the operating room. Climbing with doctors can be unnerving, if you happen to overhear their conversations. I try to not completely absorb them.
My friend got tired eventually, and I for once felt as if I could go on for awhile, but we ended our session. Left me with some unburned energy. Got home and took mom out on an 8 blocker, her long version, in mid-afternoon in lovely balmy weather.
Repeats this evening of dopey British sitcoms that my mother adores. I retreat upstairs to start an Elizabeth Bowen novel, The House in Paris. What chops that woman had! I am pretty much preparing to bail with the Gold bug Variations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home