Thursday, October 20, 2005

The imminent birthday of the beloved...

...is tomorrow, and I am mentally preparing myself to dive into baking a cake for him. There is a traditional family recipe he likes, a so-called Spanish Spice Cake with seafoam frosting; it's really just a four egg cake with a lot of cinnamon added, but that's about as adventurous as my family ever got with spices back in days of yore. (Yore means long before I was near any "age of reason," which many people probably think I've still not managed to achieve...) Another friend met via climbing and I are taking him out to a wine bar after work tomorrow, and shall fete him accordingly.
SUCH beauteous weather today; we've been out for the long walk this morning already, and unfortunately, my mom had another one of her "spells"; I am so alert to their onset, though, that I got her stabilized before she got too close to fainting. So weird, it really has to do with her temperature as she exerts herself. She just doesn't know when she's overheating. well, no harm no foul, and I am certain that the two chocolate, vegan mini donuts we bought on the way home will be the best medicine, after lunch.
I'm heading out for a run in shirt sleeves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home