Monday, October 17, 2005

Putting up another classic

After her usual 8 block long walk, my mother settled in to read and then have lunch. I buzzed off to the gym to do my weekly route duties, stripping one and setting one. My long-time climbing friend showed up while I was in the middle of route setting, and after I finished we shared belays with another climber bereft of a partner.
Errands; got fresh halibut to grill outside, probably about the end of this season for both the fish and grilling. I'm not so dedicated to this cooking method that I'll put on foul weather gear and stand around in the rain to accomplish it. There are such hardy souls out here in the Northwest, but it doesn't seem worth the misery.
Saw a bit of a public TV program on the Vietnam War and protests about it, circa 1967. Echos today, of course, but there is a lck of dedicated opposition now, other than those dear women who tried to enlist in place of their grandchildren, even getting arrested at one location, NY, I think. Yeah, there are lots of us aging women, "grandma age," who could take a lesson from the mothers down in Argentina who protested long over their "disappeared" loved ones some years ago.
Off to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home