Monday, November 14, 2005

Monday maunderings

Says in the Blogger dashboard this thing's gonna shut down at 9:00. I'll just slip this in to hold my place...
Not much to not from Monday, other than the fact the weather was astoudningly gorgeous, and the renewed piles of leaves which fell from our big maple tree dried out enough for us to go out to rake them from the street and sweep them off the sidewalk. Mother did the sweeping, which she enjoyed, and I did the heavier work of raking piles out of the street and up onto the parking strip, where they shall compost all winter. I do wish we had some oak leaves, though, as they are reportedly rich in nitrogen.
Walked down to the U-District to get a copy of The Tale of Genji, a thousand year old work which some have called the first novel.
Went to bed to read more of Bowen's A World of Love. I may be reaching a saturation point with her work, so it's good to have Genji for variety.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home